things that make the job better...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by David Gretzmier, May 8, 2007.

1. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

I was wondering if we could do another run of things that make the day go easier- my short list- keeping dry snacks in the truck for quick energy, an old towel for drying off sweat after a lawn, a change of shirts for when you sweat through the first one, a good straw hat or two, etc. what do you folks like to keep in the truck to help you get through the day easier?

2. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

A hooker:cool2: :laugh:

3. fargoboy

fargoboy LawnSite Member

forget the hooker, you have to pay for it, before you know it they become employees under IRS rules and you drive up overhead costs. I will admit that a 20 year old with bodacius ta-tas, a glass of ice cold margitias, and an I-pod of Jackson Browne's "Running on Empty" mellows me out though

4. violatorjf

violatorjf LawnSite Member

You just threw me into a day dream...:sleeping:

5. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

Back to the original post......

I have become so accustomed to my Peltor headphones, I can't stand it if I forget them or the batteries run down. Don't get me wrong, I hate the Peltors because of the cheap quality but they're all I know of. Listening to music or some good talk radio really helps pass the time of the day plus helps save the old ear drums over time.:)

6. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

Gatorade ,a spare hat and shirt or two ...Sunglasses and never without an Ipod !

7. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

CUSTOMERS NOT HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dont get me wrong..I like all my clients alot...but I just dont have time to chit chat alot. And my Quietunes on my ears.

8. Frosty03

Frosty03 LawnSite Member

When it gets hot, a 72 quart ice chest with cold water, gatorade, sammiches and in the middle of summer, a watermelon! Sometimes a 10 minute watermelon break will get you through the heat.

It gives me something to look forward to.

Also, I have a friend who is in the same business and we will stop and do the melon thing. Talk about refreshing!

9. PearceLawn

PearceLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Cut a small hole in a second melon and fill it gradually with vodka for a great after work treat!

Now that's refreshing!!:laugh: :laugh:

10. Frosty03

Frosty03 LawnSite Member

Maybe, but then I would have go go out in the heat the next day with a hangover! :nono:

My liquor days are well behind me. Usually I'll have a cold beer when I am putting my equipment away at the end of the say though. It kinda helps wash that dirty taste out of my mouth.