1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Things we have ran over

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mowerdude777, Jun 8, 2009.

1. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

I just want to see things all you lco's have hit with your equipment over the years. This is my list. a mouse, lots of rocks, a dead rat, at least 15 frogs or toads, and last year I gave a rabbit a hair cut with a string trimmer:laugh:

2. JDiepstra

JDiepstra LawnSite Bronze Member

The newspaper was not cool at all...... Talk about a mess!

And dead squirrles stink when you chop them apart and spray them out the discharge!

3. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

I have hia a news paper with a snow blower and all it did was burry its self

4. nnj18

nnj18 LawnSite Silver Member

Dog crap, frogs, toys, rocks, newspaper, (thank God bagger was on!) and umm I'll think of more hahahaha
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. JDiepstra

JDiepstra LawnSite Bronze Member

Nothing much happens when I plow them either. :laugh:

6. 4.3mudder

4.3mudder LawnSite Silver Member

Let's see. many things.

Rocks, Curbs, paper, Baseballs,

Best one was a small little round meter that stuck out of the ground from a square box. Electric parts went everwhere.

7. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

Hit this water pipe sheared it right off below the flange, the diesel had enough torque to open the ACS chute and still chunked it across the street. I am sure this hit did shorten the life of the main mule belt it broke the next day. Had it been a shaft drive deck or less than 1/4" thick deck. lord knows what would have happen.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. 4.3mudder

Maybe time for some glasses or uprgrades.

9. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

first time cutting this complex, and it was hidden in tall johnson grass. I thought it was going to hit my truck:cry: for a minute while it was in the air.

10. 4.3mudder

That would have been a sight to see. I have shot out baseballs about 100 feet before. Now, that was awesome.