Things we have ran over

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mowerdude777, Jun 8, 2009.

1. Hoy landscaping

Hoy landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

i hit a groundhog one time. on purpose. and the other day i hit a lawn chair. i didnt feel like moving it so i tried pushing it. and ran it over. didnt hit the blades tho!

2. johnsonslawnmanagement

johnsonslawnmanagement LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone ever hit a newspaper? Looks like confetti!
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

I did with a snow blower all that happened was it shot in to the middle of the yard

4. OrangeToys

OrangeToys LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW MO

I saw that guy that I have brush hog for me hit a pile of carpet with his Bat Wing. It took us our hour to get it out.

5. Mike Brouwer

Mike Brouwer LawnSite Member

Golf balls become bullets. Snakes come out the chute in nifty little 1" chunks. Decapitated a bunny once with a walk-behind. Dog crap on the sunglasses off a string trimmer. Pine cone in the throat from a machine 15' away-good welt. Do this long enough and stuff just seems to happen. Oh yeah- took out a car window with a piece of gravel off trimmer. The list goes on...

6. rusty_keg_3

rusty_keg_3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I actually hit a bird that was flying by on thursday...

7. mowerdude777

How the hell did you do that:confused:

8. Hoffman Lawn Care

Hoffman Lawn Care LawnSite Member

A cinder block. That was a loud surprise. I go way out of my way to never hit things so when I do I make it big. The funniest story Ive heard about hitting stuff happened to the previous owner when he hit a rock and it went in the front window of the house and kept going through the back window. The amount of rabbits run over by everyone in this thread worries me since there are some that live in the cemetery I mow and at the property where my shop is.

9. rusty_keg_3

rusty_keg_3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I hit a piece of broken asphalt and it shot out, and hit a bird as it was flying by... I bet it will never happen to me again tho...

10. mowerdude777

whoa that was weird I bet that will never happen to me either