1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Things we have ran over

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mowerdude777, Jun 8, 2009.

1. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Bronze Member

the whole story was funny, (in a tragic sense) but this was especially hilarious, for some reason.
  2. Scagman 48

Scagman 48 LawnSite Senior Member

my pet peeve is dog crap im sick of washing it off my mowers and boots. the worst thing i ever hit was 3 bunnies in a shallow hole ruined my day...
  3. DXN1EL

DXN1EL LawnSite Senior Member
    from TEXAS

phone books those are great!!. Lucky the grass was a foot high and the discharge chute was pointing to it.
    newspapers I hit one when it was all wet so it only discharge green crap since then if I see one and it look wet I don't even bother to pick it up
  4. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Rolled up tubes of flyers from scrubs. Hard to see and make additional mess to cleanup. Everywhere right now with decent weather. Seems to be mostly tree guys.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. WillsLandscape

WillsLandscape LawnSite Member

I've hit a chain (buried in some leaves) with a 1990s Snapper rear engine rider. Thank goodness it didn't break anything, just the hook of the chain got caught between the side of the deck and the blade. All it did was kill the engine. But my 14 HP Kohler Command is indestructible, and it started right back up after we removed the chain. It didn't even bend the blade.
  6. inzane

inzane LawnSite Silver Member

years ago, back when people still used phonebooks i was pushing my 21" honda to other side of driveway, and got the corner of a phonebook laying in the driveway around other side of car.... HUGE mess..

GARRETTWOOD LawnSite Senior Member

Iron rake
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. PineyPower

PineyPower LawnSite Member

A garden hose, with water in it, frog vs. trimmer, an 3" diameter stump, and a pile of bricks. When I hit the pile of bricks, I had less than 100 hours on the new mower.
  9. CutterCutter

CutterCutter LawnSite Member
    from WV

I would do anything to avoid hitting a box turtle. I just didn't see it.

Crunch, crunch. I can still hear it. Crunch, crunch.
  10. GRPM LLC.

GRPM LLC. LawnSite Member

Man I've hit many of the same things as most. The worst were baby bunnies, just not a good day, on (2 separate) occasions. Garden hose lying in some tall grass on the side of a house, that was fun. Wacked many frogs with the weed whip. Hate dog Sheeott, #1 pet peeve, no pone intended.