Things we have ran over

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mowerdude777, Jun 8, 2009.

1. norcoprop

norcoprop LawnSite Member

??? Why not, I know i've sent them farther than that. 100 yds is only 10 truck and trailer set ups. Catch it just right on the discharge blade and they go forever, unless they hit the house, that will scare the hell out of you in a hurry.
  2. norcoprop

worst I have hit while brush hogging was a fawn:cry:
  3. Crimson Lawn

Crimson Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Friday, my mower found a brown grocery bag in tall grass, full of nasty diapers. Talking about a smell that made you gag.
  4. Bashby

Bashby LawnSite Senior Member

I mow a lot of hay for my dad with a JD 920 MoCo. When you run over a fawn, you usually don't even know until the buzzards come in. I see rabbits scattering sometimes, I'm sure a lot of them dont get out of the way. Got a few turkey nests, too. The deer don't really bother me any more, damn things are like cockroaches around here. The other day I hit a newborn calf with the 9' bush hog. First round around the field. For the next couple hours I got to watch the mother try to get the calf up, then chase away buzzards. Bad day, it was.
  5. JeffInTexas

JeffInTexas LawnSite Member

I rode up to a security gate on the mower to get back into the property, the security guard waved, opened it and then it dropped before I could get through and I got clothes lined. So I guess I got ran over.

Other than that, a few snakes, tennis balls, baseballs, dog toys... all the good stuff.
  6. birddseedd

birddseedd LawnSite Silver Member

ran over some horse poo
  7. norcoprop

It was on my perimeter cut noticed it all mangled on my second pass.Told the customer from now on the field waits until 2nd week in July.They should be old enough then to get out of the way.
  8. Mayers

Mayers LawnSite Member
    from PA

I ran over a golf ball hidden in tall grass a few weeks ago. Thankfully it didn't do any damage. :)
  9. birddseedd

birddseedd LawnSite Silver Member

I ran over a rock. so much for my new and sharp blades
  10. integrityman

integrityman LawnSite Bronze Member

Rabbits, snakes, a boat anchor, a fishing reel, a kids golf club (severed it several places. The head connected with the discharge blade and it nailed back window of a car park across the street. Shattered the window.) Rebar, sign post steel, a bag of water balloons, condoms, (used and unused) cell phones, barbed wire (makes a hell of a mess!) tampons, pads ..... mow a lawn where kids leave all sorts of $hit out. I got tired of picking up after them. On Saturday I mowed over bottles of hand lotion, fingernal polish and candy bars. I didnt have the heart to mow over the dolls and stuffed animals though.