Things we have ran over

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mowerdude777, Jun 8, 2009.

1. integrityman

integrityman LawnSite Bronze Member

Not sure whether to laugh or cry..... Sorry for the loss of your calf.

2. birddseedd

birddseedd LawnSite Silver Member

ran over some grass the other day
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. greenology

greenology LawnSite Senior Member

Gee you should be careful where your going mate!

4. KLawn75

KLawn75 LawnSite Member

I hit a T-Style metal fence post mowing the field across from my house. It was laying on the ground. Bent the blade shaft slightly. Replaced the shaft and immediately hit another T-Style metal fence post. Never mowed that field again.

I hit a baby bird learning to fly. Didn't see it until the next pass when I noticed feathers and legs. I felt bad about that for a few minutes.

I hit an iron water meter while mowing Bermuda at 1.5". Bent one of my brand new blades.

We have a lot of eastern box turtles around here. Every time I mow this one place with wetlands in the backyard, I almost hit one.

I caught my 5 year old son walking behind one of the old mowers I use at one of my properties. I was about to back up and saw his reflection in the truck. He never did that again. The blade doesn't turn off in reverse with that mower.

5. echophone

echophone LawnSite Member

Had waist high grass this saturday so i was bound to find anything, trimm then mow, i laid my stihl trimmer down and the shoulder strap was soon buried by trimmings and i ran too close and ....chop chop ahh well shoulder strap wasent long enough, hit a mop buried, and have done in two blades hitting a driveway corner and baseball sized stone.

6. Bashby

Bashby LawnSite Senior Member

I hate to see turtles get hit.

7. birddseedd

I dunno if the bunny was ran over. but it died in my truck before i got done mowing. probably best. my cat woulda just ate it
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Four_Seasons

Four_Seasons LawnSite Member

Had a bunny run out in front of me too, and I almost hit it. So i picked it up and took it to the outside of the yard. Then after I started mowing again I saw something flopping in the grass. The dang thing ran back out in the yard!
    Must've been suicidal...

9. birddseedd

they makes nests in the yard. ran over a whole nest ofem few years back
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Judo

Judo LawnSite Member

Ran over a dead goose that was sweltering in the hot sun for past few days.
    Posted via Mobile Device