Things we have ran over

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mowerdude777, Jun 8, 2009.

1. birddseedd

birddseedd LawnSite Silver Member

ran over my trimer
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

You guys are really eating up your machines doing this kind of work with them. This is brush hog work. Your being extra hard on the spindles, belts and overheating the hydros.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. birddseedd

is true. is why you charge twice as much

4. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

More important to use the proper tool.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. birddseedd

very very true. but he's probably the same position that I am where he doesn't have enough work to justify the cost.so on the rare occasion where he has that kind of work he has to make do .it's not something you have to do everyday because it would go through your mower very quickly .
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. C & T Landscaping

C & T Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Tennis balls...never knew they could fly so far

7. birddseedd

ran over some stuipd copper,,, cable?. seemed thicker than a wire. wrapped around a spindle and halted my motor.

8. Bashby

Bashby LawnSite Senior Member

I hit a piece of 2 or 3" pipe last year. Didn't bend the blade but the pulley that drives the blade shattered. (cast iron) A piece of it knocked a hole in the fuel tank.

9. Porcupine Lawn and Snow

Porcupine Lawn and Snow LawnSite Senior Member

Pipe, Water Caps, Newspaper (mower didn't stop in time before hitting), Dog poo, Lighter, and many more!:laugh:

10. kgs1

kgs1 LawnSite Member

ran a baby deer over at a cabin I was cutting...they will lay in tall grass areas to hide from preditors (no scent when that young) & it was next to the porch & the damb thing didnt even twitch...I had my blades high as they would go cuz of grass being 2-3ft high...thought it was another rabbit but when my helper picked what was left up to throw it in the woods it had hooves on it! Oh & golf balls are cool & it realy pisses off the rich folk when you crank the ball 150yrds the other way! lol