1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Things we have ran over

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mowerdude777, Jun 8, 2009.

1. themadcutter

themadcutter LawnSite Senior Member
    from florida

get out. did that really happen?
  2. Tanum

Tanum LawnSite Member

Happened about five years ago. I wouldn't mind but they insisted that I do the lawn first. Lawn was cut collected and dumped in back of truck when the "drama" unfolded. We emptied the truck and found bits of the watch. They claimed it on their insurance. Still do their garden though but the watch jokes are wearing thin. "Oh watch out" "is it (wink, wink) that time to cut the lawn" constantly asking for the time cause "somebody" ran over his watch. ....
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. themadcutter

themadcutter LawnSite Senior Member
    from florida

thats hilarious. :laugh:

I bet it was for the insurance though and they left it out on purpose. may have even been a broken watch he wanted to get rid of.

Time will tell. ( i couldn't resist)
  4. Tanum

Tanum LawnSite Member

This guy makes the "rich list" every year, he didn't lose the cool or anything, I guess when you are worth €250m buying a rolex would be like me buying a box of matches.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. Cody S

Cody S LawnSite Senior Member

Tennis balls and dog poop....seems when ones near the other isn't very far away

THORNTON SERVICES LLC LawnSite Senior Member

A large hornets nest from up in a tree , told the cust the week before to get someone to take care of it because one stung me , cust said it was taken care of , when I was mowing the next week I saw it lying there in the grass and I don't know what I was thinking but for some reason I assumed it would be empty , I ran over it and hornets went all over the place , needless to say the lines in the lawn were not straight that week, weird thing was I actually got away that time and did not get stung , but they were crawling all over the mower when I stopped it. 2 cans wasp spray and back to it.
  7. DXN1EL

DXN1EL LawnSite Senior Member
    from TEXAS

Same here. THEY DON'T NEED TO SUFFER! even though they sometimes get painless death. God have mercy
  8. alexschultz1

alexschultz1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I bet that drives you cuckoo! It sure would tick me off
  9. josco

josco LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Lots of snakes
  10. MainTainZ Property Svcs.

MainTainZ Property Svcs. LawnSite Member

I've ran over several snakes. Two of the worst things that I've ran over was a full nest of baby rabbits (fur went flying everywhere) and the worst ever was a possum that was roadkill and had swelled up and when I hit it, it exploded. Guts and maggots everywhere.