Things we have ran over

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mowerdude777, Jun 8, 2009.

1. CrystalCreek

CrystalCreek LawnSite Bronze Member

Did you say a Chevy engine?:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy: Please explain! And boy I am glad I dont work for you, if your running employees over. Sure would be a sight to see:laugh:

2. beegreenlandcare

beegreenlandcare LawnSite Member

Ya, I wanna hear about the employee too! Did he live:rolleyes:

3. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

I want to hear about the toro

4. lawngreen1

lawngreen1 LawnSite Member

The worst thing to hit is Dog Poo that is sitting right next to a wall or fence - Now I challenge anyone to trim the grass along the wall or fence with a whipper snipper (weed eater, or whatever you yanks call it) without spraying fresh dog poo around!

Just a thought!

5. ToolCatCruzer

ToolCatCruzer LawnSite Member

Baseballs area always fun, you peel them right open, while out mowing with my new Toro G.S the last thing a dove saw was my deck...talk about a poof of feathers. and a T post with my brushcat is prolly the funniest....cut that thing in 3 pieces. told the boss the next day and all he said was cool.

6. SEMI-RETIRED

SEMI-RETIRED LawnSite Member

When we are mowing around bulkheads, my wife does it with a 22" push mower so
    i don't get over the edge with the ztr LOL..
    Well she went over the edge with the push, hit the bolthead that ties the bulkhead
    together and bent the blade u shapped, bent the crank also, so junk mower LOL..
    Garden hoses, golf balls, u name it..

When i do brush hog jobs i allways ask the people, anything out in the field, allways
    the same answer NAH...
    Rebar, washers & dryers, water tanks, septic lids, car parts etc..
    Usually see the bigger stuff in time, if its real high, i just back thru to keep from
    running the tractor up on something..

Every days a challenge isn't it ???

7. mowerdude777

I almost hit a smalol trash bag yester day

8. CrystalCreek

The absolutely worst thing I ever hit was a loaded diaper. Didn't see it and BAMB. Poo everywhere. Worst part was it was wrapped around the spindles. I had to get doctor gloves with leather gloves over just to be safe. I WAS PISSED!!!!! Customer was IMMEDIATELY FIRED!!!! I love kids, but why do they have to sh*t. Actually, the kid wasn't the problem, the parents were. Hopefully no one ever has to deal with poopy diapers, unless their your own kids of course.:cry::cry:

9. mowerdude777

Yep that does sound pretty nasty man, was it on a rider or a wb?

10. CrystalCreek

It was on my walker. I have shreded newpapers to pieces with this mower, but a poopy diaper brought the blades to a grinding halt. At least it never tangled with the internal blower.