Things we have ran over

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mowerdude777, Jun 8, 2009.

1. airsoftamazon

airsoftamazon LawnSite Member

I was mowing an overgrown ditch, unknown to me that there was an exposed culvert (old steel one) hidden half way submerged under water and hidden by weeds. Needless to say, bent shaft and lots of curse words!
  2. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

Thats good
  3. bigmudder77

bigmudder77 LawnSite Senior Member

sticks, rocks, string, wire, oil filter, fencing, beer cans, glass, apples, pine cones, cd player, bolts, belts, pair of pants, plastic crap, cow crap, dog crap, dead ground hog (ditch mowing really fun) good thing i dont need to pick any of that crap up

and a whole lot more crap that i dont remember
  4. Grass Happens

Grass Happens LawnSite Senior Member

I hit a semi oil filter, that was a mess. Luckily nothing was broke, and the blade was ok enough to keep mowing with, and hung on the wall for trash lawn duty. No grass stuck to the deck for awhile either, and the parking lot got some free seal coating.
  5. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

Nothing newly hie, I hit a shppoing bag on tuesday
  6. lyube

lyube LawnSite Fanatic

Yep. Top half of some kind of truck engine that was sticking out of the ground in high grass. Ripped the air filter off, carburetor came right after.
  7. 1993lx172

1993lx172 LawnSite Bronze Member

What about the Torro and the employee?:confused: I agree with crystalcreek, if you're running over your guys I don't want to work for you lol.:nono:
  8. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Always a load of amusement, a nest of yellow jackets.
    More than a few over the years.
    Just found one today, they let me off easy, two stings.
  9. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

Surprised nobody has mentioned golf-balls. Those things fly.

Hit a deflated rubber basketball when I worked for a larger LCO, on a 72inch Dixie Chopper. It was at the property I was living at, and had just moved in.

On the next pass I hit a chunk of the rubber, my girlfriend (now wife) swears that it arched over a one story house, on fire.
  10. GO1965

GO1965 LawnSite Member

Hi there, I have hit alot of golf balls and they do go a hell of a way. Also chewed up a phone book, that went everywhere. Also hit a foot square 2 inch thick piece of steel which destroyed the cylinder on the council mower I was using. When I was 7 my dad gave me a flymo to cut some long grass for a customer. I hit some washing line in the grass and it wrapped round the blade and climbed the wall. I started to panic and ended up with the blades facing me at head height ( didn't know how to turn mower off ). Its amazing I am still here.