Things you SHOULDN'T say to the customer

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by zechstoker, Oct 12, 2012.

1. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I "had" a customer that had a bunch of little dogs that nipped on everyone's heel's. I was warned. Then one day, WOT with the trimmer. The man thought it was funny, his wife no so. They had got me several time's but, when my wife went over to collect money from them and got her I thought well the next time I'll fix them. For the next two years the dogs never come off the porch. As for as the rooster goes- "No I haven't seen him".Maybe you could do the trimming there with a bush cutter head on your trimmer? OFF WITH THE HEAD!

2. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Defending yourself is one thing, but I don't think the guy would appreciate having the head of his **** cut off by his landscaper.

3. zechstoker

zechstoker LawnSite Senior Member

We'll leave the beheading duties to the rancher.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. soloscaperman

soloscaperman LawnSite Gold Member

" like a boss!"

5. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

i know a guy (not saying who) who told a lady it was $300 to clean out beds and weed etc, she said I was thinking it would be more like $40/$50. he pulled his wallet out and handed her a $50 and said "here you do it" customers face- PRICELESS

6. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

That's a good one!!

One of my favorite lines when a customer asks for the impossible is to tell them that I'm a landscaper, not a magician. When they tell me they're on a fixed income, I get all excited and say "really, can you fix mine for me?"

7. BOSS LAWN 2343

BOSS LAWN 2343 LawnSite Senior Member

I usually try to keep anything personal out of the conversation, I put the filters on when kids or women are around.

8. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

the filters???

9. BOSS LAWN 2343

BOSS LAWN 2343 LawnSite Senior Member

Profanity, cursing, rude remarks. anything that doesnt pertain to their property or needs.

10. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

and you only do this when kids or women are around?