think about it!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mr mow, Apr 15, 2006.

1. mr mow

mr mow LawnSite Senior Member

If your mower had lights on it and you were mowing at the speed of light(wouldnt that be nice), if you turned them on... would you see the projection of light?
  2. upidstay

upidstay LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Hmmm, typing at 1;15 am, asking bizarre questions. I see you enjoy grass in your off hours too
  3. K.Carothers

K.Carothers LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you fill the bath tub up to the rim, get in and wonder why the water goes on the floor?

4. Nosmo

Nosmo LawnSite Bronze Member

#1 start mower
    #2 turn on lights
    #3 begin moving
    #4 you cannot catch up and pass the lights because both you and the light beam projected ahead of you are traveling at the same speed - you would see just ahead of you as you normally would.
  5. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

Think of the productivity. 186,000 fps. Better have sharp blades. And those clippings you discharged just flattened the tires on that SUV. At that speed, anything is a dangerous weapon....LOL
  6. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Mr. Mow, does Kashmir or Dazed & Confused come to mind? :usflag:
  7. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

I think you would have to be faster than the speed of light. If you are currently AT the speed of light, then there is still light ahead of you correct?
  8. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

9. mr mow

mr mow LawnSite Senior Member

no dazed and confussed here i was just bored, got on the site, and wanted to ponder for awhile. my theroy (however u spell it) is that if you are going the speed of light, the lights will come on, but not project any further than the element cause you are traveling at the speed of projection... going faster, well i dont know ill have to go out and test the theroy tomarrow and get back to you guys. just gotta get some new tires first, they dont last as long as they used to!:laugh:
  10. steve45

steve45 LawnSite Bronze Member

It's all relative.