1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Think before you light up the next time!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by wobblez, Apr 24, 2004.

1. wobblez

wobblez LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

To start off with yes I should have had my camera with me but no I did not sorry would loved to have got a photo for yall.

was driving down the highway today when I see the fire trucks and police on the other side with the highway blocked off. as I get closer I see another lco on the side of the road with the fireman in the back of the trailer with there water hoses and racks spraying water on a trailer full of pine straw. seems some how the trailer full of pine straw started on fire going down the road. did not have mowers on it but did have the racks full of timers and blowers. the fire dept. ruined all the pine straw putting it out. best I can tell he was driving down the road smoking and then put it out the window which ended up in the trailer full of pine straw.
    I do smoke but I know I will be more careful next time I put it out. I would hate to have call my insurance man and tell him I blow up my trailer with a cigarette

Just something for yall to think about.
  2. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

I think that's funny.

throwing out your cigarette while pulling a trailer full of pine straw.

you could make richard pryor jokes outta that guy.

3. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Quite the opposite my friend. The Fire Department ruined nothing. If the person did not commit an act that RESULTED in the fire department having to respond, that straw would be in the beds and the operator would have his profit in hand.

I'm just being a bit of a wise guy but I do stand by what I say. I look at it as they saved a certain portion of the trailer and tow vehicle. Remember- don't smoke in bed, the ashes you leave may be your own! Be safe.
  4. Jroctx

Jroctx LawnSite Member
    from Austin

I witness a similar situation a couple of weeks back. No pine straw but they had mowers and other 2-cycle equipment. I figure either they are someone passing must have thrown a cig out the window. (Another justification for enclosed trailers vs. open) Also, would be wise to carry a couple of extinguishers. These guys were trying to fan it out with their shorts.