Think creatively-Marketing Ideas for the lazy

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by MacLawnCo, Sep 29, 2002.

1. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

I had the best advertising idea ever this weekend.

For anyone who passes out flyers door-to-door, or is thinking of doing so, why would you work so hard. :sleeping: What would you say if there are free ways to get them to come to you? :eek: :eek: Did I get your attention?? When i thought of this, I was shocked. I am going to tease you all now to see if you can figure out what i am thinking. I will let you all know what I came up with this weekend later in the week. Get your guesses ready. Is that you Final Answer???:D
  2. The Lazy man's way to Lawn Riches is to simply take your truck and equipment to any well traveled high traffic area and park it with two 4x8 signs adverrtising your business. Leave it there 12 hours per day for as long as you can keep up with the new business and you will have more business than you can use. And yes. it might require a second old truck and lawn equipment that does not even work.
  3. MacLawnCo

you are very close, but i am thinking of taking a more active approach to this marketing idea. Keep the guesses coming.
  4. That is what confused me. An "Active Lazy Man".
  5. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Trying to reach the lazy ones with your idea, but still asked them to work by guessing at the idea...sorry just seems kind of funny.

Don't really have a guess.
  6. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

Maybe you could have a garage sale or something like that. Hand out the flyers then.
  7. I was trying to think of your idea but I'm lazy and it was too much work.;)
    teasing ain't nice-come on give it up.
  8. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

Our neighbor acroos the street did just that with her Tupperware, she booked 6 parties doing that.

How about setting a booth up at a local fair. Hundreds, or maybe thousands of people walking by your booth everyday.
  9. MacLawnCo

I personally dont like the garage sale idea too much. Think about who visits garage sales. Are they the type of client you want to advertise to? I dont for sure.

The fair is a great idea, but again, i dont think you will be reaching the market that everyone wants for their business(non PITAs).

Ill post my idea on Tues eve. Until then, hopefully you will be thinking about creative marketing while you sit on your duf mowing. Then you can share them with us.
  10. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

go to the local library, print 10000000000 copies of your flier. (there goes the cost of Kinko's). then give them to your nephew to walk neighborhoods, sticking them in doors. (avoiding illegality of mailboxes) give him $10 and call it a day.