Think I found the right cabover dump!

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by South Florida Lawns, Dec 11, 2009.

1. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

2. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

The looks nice. Price seems pretty good.

3. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Whats the HP ? Comes with no warranty. Thats half the price of the same size truck around here. Must be a reason for cheap price and no warranty.

4. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

Different parts of the country = differnt markets. Its high for this area, gas engine with 100-K :confused: not so good.

Last one I picked up was a Fuso diesel with 20-K miles it has a 14' dump bed with a pull tarp cover and I bought it when the econimy was still good for 20-K.

5. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Its a diesel.

6. TYCINC

TYCINC LawnSite Member

Nice truck. . I sure its fine man no need to make a big deal over warranty and cheap price- Its a used comercial truck prob. sold "as-is" obviously you dont buy a truck that slips and grinds etc. . If it runs good those little trucks last forever. . And that price Ive seen often for similar truck. . The other day I saw one online, same year, up in the Tampa area for $14,200

7. scagtiger

scagtiger LawnSite Member
    from TN

Good price for 102k on it but the bed looks kinda cheap to me

8. South Florida Lawns

from usa

My friend told me to look at it, says its a clean truck in person. We'll see.

Its got the 5.2L diesel, auto, ac, power windows and locks with CD player.

100k is nothing for commercial trucks.

If I can get it for 13k TTT I'll take it

9. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

You would have to watch about dumping a heavy load the deck has heavy longsills but the rest of it looks a little light I could see it getting tweaked if you dumped a load that was heavy to one side.

As for the mileage that is nothing for one of those Isuzu trucks they can go for miles and miles around here 250,000 miles isn't uncommon.

10. South Florida Lawns

from usa

Thats what I thought but for mulch and grass clippings i should be fine. Plus couldn't I weld on the dump body and add more structual support?