Think I just screwed up big time!!

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by J&R Landscaping, Sep 30, 2007.

1. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I was creating invoices for this past month in Gopher earlier tonight. I generated the invoices but a couple of them came up wrong. I deleted all of them 1 @ a time thinking I could edit them and then re-generate them but it would not let me do it. I tried to generate the invoices but none would generate.

Does anyone know how I can get my invoices up to print?? It still shows on the calendar what the total was from each day so I'm not sure if I can get them from there???

Any help would be great!!!

2. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I did this once by accident...when you delete an invoice, it also deletes the work that was done from the database. So what you need to do is dig out your old route sheets from that month for those customers and re-enter the work that was done. Then re-print the invoices. Hopefully you have a record of the work that was done on paper somewhere :)

3. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

Bummer dude. Hoolie is right. In the future hit "ungenerate invoices" instead of delete!

If you go to the calander section, in the completed jobs tab or something like that above, can you see the jobs listed there?

4. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

Restore your data from the backup, and restart the process.

If you don't backup your data every day, it is a practice to start. Restoring your data off a backup file will enable you to recover easily and work from a known starting point.

5. J&R Landscaping

Well, I had everything hard-copied so I had records of what was done and all. Took a few hours re-entering everything though.

I sent Gopher an Email and never heard from them. That p!ssed me off a bit. Even if they couldnt do anything, it would have been nice to get a reply.

6. ALarsh

from Midwest

Gopher has really been dropping the ball. No updates with their software and they are spending their time making useless videos that do us no good. I have been rather dissappointed with what they have been currently doing on their site. They should be spending time making updates to this outdated software.

Who ever owns this company can't find a direction for what he wants to do, and do it right for that matter. Kind of like jack of all, master of none.

7. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

Clip, Clip, Clip. Did I say Clip!!??

Clip has so much more than just software also. Business conferences, classes, networking with other businesses.

The interface on their basic software versions is not pretty, but as you upgrade it gets easier to use.

Joe I know that my post does not help you, but it might be a thought for the future.

Tim

8. J&R Landscaping

Tim,
    What version of clip are you using? What did it cost you?

Austin, what version of gopher are you using?

9. ALarsh

from Midwest

Well it says "Gopher 2006", or version 3.2.17

10. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I tried Clip, I liked it mostly, however it was pretty expensive. Pretty foolproof though, almost impossible to accidentally erase data. I used to get annoyed with it though, seemed like anything I tried to do it would ask "Are you SURE you want to...." and I would think...yeah...I just pressed the dang button. So yeah, I am sure. Now please stop asking me that :laugh:

True they offer conferences and seminars, but they all seemed to be during the growing season. I pointed this out to one of their reps, how there are a lot of small LCO's that can't take off 3 days in October to attend a conference. Hold that stuff in January or February...