think i might sell. how much should i charge?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnwizards, Jan 4, 2008.

1. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

i got a 2006 simplicity champion 50" with a 20hp briggs vanguard. only has 53 hours. how much should i charge for it if i was to sell? i bought it to get into larger properties but i decided to go with smaller properties instead. as you can see, it never gets used. i paid 4500 for it by the way.

simp2.jpg

simp4.jpg

simp1.jpg

simp3.jpg

2. lawnwizards

wow! i know lawnsite is flooded with a bunch of newbies that know very little but i figured atleast one seasoned veteran would chime in on this one. opinions please, i already know what i want to get out of it. i just wanna see what you guys think its worth to see how on/off target i am. thanks.

3. sicnj

sicnj LawnSite Senior Member

$3000 maybe $3500 if your lucky

4. lawnwizards

/\ bump to the top.

5. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

$2500 or so, MAYBE $3000.

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

3500 tops Randy

7. lawnwizards

thats what i was going for rod. think i might go with a hydro exmark or might try out a better 44. i love the simplicity's cut and handling. its alot tougher then you'd think. got alot of ferris commercial parts in it. we'll see how much i get for it in a couple months when i go to sell it. thanks for the feedback.

8. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

BETTER IS BETTER :weightlifter:

9. richard1103

richard1103 LawnSite Member

i would think about 45% of new cost. it a home owners mower. i know i do not have good typing skills .but i know better than to buy a cheap home owners mower to use commercial!! hydrostatic drives do not last like pumps and wheel motors .so i think about $2100 to maybe $2800. 07 i bought 3
    bobcats predators 61inch deck with 33hp for $6800. that is alot more mower for just $ 2300 more .

10. richard1103

richard1103 LawnSite Member

a few things i do not like about mower.
    #1 BLACK SEAT
    #2 HYDROSTATIC
    #3 BRIGGS
    #4 HOME OWNER MOWER
    So many people think just go buy a z and start business. no insurance no pesticide license