think my dodge will pull these out?

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Indy Kyle, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Indy Kyle

Indy Kyle LawnSite Member

Hey guys, I have a 4wd Dodge Dakota, you think it will pull out those tall bushes?

2. saw man

saw man LawnSite Bronze Member
    from utah

No, cut them down.
  3. Indy Kyle

nah, just kidding. have you ever seen bushes this tall? I think you would have to go to the upstairs apartment just to trim them.
  4. IndyChad

IndyChad LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

As long as your running synthetic oil through your truck, I think you can do it. You might want to put some 93 octane in it that day also. lol :weightlifter:
  5. Indy Kyle

i figured if i get a long enough chain i could get a real good head start.
  6. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

No it won't pull them out.

As far as trimming them, rent a man-lift and trim them. The customer has to pay for the rental and the cost of trimming.

Don't waste your time trying to pull them out, if you have to cut them down. Do that and then grind out the stumps and till the area to get the little roots out.

Don't forget to get the utilities located before attempting to yank those guys out. The roots are bound to be wrapped around a gas line or the water main.
  7. wooley99

wooley99 LawnSite Senior Member

100' of logging chain, good running start, new sidewalk, new utility lines/pipes, maybe a new window or two. Sounds like a great afternoon.
  8. Indy Kyle

I'm also going to wait until the snow melts so I get optimum traction.
  9. ACA L&L

ACA L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

A ladder will work just fine. We do bushes twice as tall as these all the time maybe even three times.
  10. packey

packey LawnSite Senior Member

You have got to be kidding right. take a chain saw and cut them down them bring in a guy with a stump grinder. Athe he is don remove the saw dust and prepare the bed for planting