Thinkin' about sellin'...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mtdman, Nov 14, 2003.

1. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

My LW truck loader at the end of the season. The machine itself is awesome, very powerful, very sturdy. But the height on this sucker has forced me to build a 8 1/2 foot box on my trailer, and it's really disrupted everything else I do. I can't take the trailer on the highway, and it takes forever to get into town to work. And although I can get my mower and leaf vac on at the same time, it puts a lot of weight on the back end of the trailer, which I am afraid might pop the hitch if I hit a big bump. The box is too big to take on and off, and I'm not about to buy a trailer for just leaves. It's just really disrupted my whole routine and put a drag on my productivity.

So my choices are try to live with the machine, which I really like and am impressed with, or sell it and get a less tall machine next year. It has really come in handy this year and I definitely want to continue to have a truck loader for leaf season. I just don't think this is the one.

Any other suggestions or options I'm not seeing??

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Can you cut and lower the tube? I'd like to see a pic of it.
  3. TRex

TRex LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW ,TX

Lets see some pics and maybe we can give some ideas on how to get the height down or a different configuration.
  4. mtdman

I don't think I could really cut the exhaust tube. The bottom end of it has a round 'extension(??) on it, and a metal 'gasket' goes over top of that to connect it to the rest of the machine. That way the tube can spin around and change directions. To cut some height off of it, I would have to cut the tube and put it back together again to get that round piece and be able to attach it to the rest of the machine.

And I think even if I did cut the tube, it wouldn't save me that much on height anyway...
  5. NickN

NickN LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

Got a pic of it installed on the trailer?
  6. TRex

TRex LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW ,TX

Is there anyway you can put a tape mesure up to it and take a pic for a realization. It looks to me like you could cut it at that round plate and cut it a little after it starts to bend. From that pic it looks like you hack about 18" off the exhaust. A pic of the whole rig would be nice if you have one laying around since it is dark now
  7. mtdman

I'll take one tomorrow. Thanks everyone.