Thinking about a hustler

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by S man, Nov 11, 2005.

1. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

I went to a dealer in the are we might move to and I wanted a jd but the guy said to get a ztr. He sells hustler and I liked the big 52" fast track w/ honda. It was on sale and looked like a good deal. But what advantages does the hustler z have over the ft? And which one would be better for my business and my own lawn? I have a real small lawn business but want to expand it and cut with my dad. Which is better? Help would be appreciated.
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

For your yard and a few others the FasTrak will be a good choice for you.
    It is priced right and is very heavy duty.
    The FasTrak's (44" and 52") do come with a 1 year commercial warranty (or 400 hours) if your dealer installs a hour meter when you buy the unit.
    Differences between the FasTrak 52" and the Mini Z 52" would be the seat, hydros, tire sizes and a beefier frame on the Mini Z 52".
    This is assuming you are looking at a 52" unit.

3. mike28nc

mike28nc LawnSite Member

If you can afford the Min Z I would go with it. I have 44"/16hp honda. I love it! I do wish I would have went with a bigger motor. But for my yard it really rocks! After buying my mower, a buddie of mine wanted to sell me his 52" Min Z. I really wished I could have it. But dont need it. Just my 2cents!

4. Garth

Garth LawnSite Senior Member

We've spent enough on repairs on our two hustlers to buy a third one in just three years. We mow about five acres of a 78 acre military base and those machines spend more time at the repair shop than on the lawns. My 2 cents
  5. so you can hear horror stories on any brand mower out here on the market.
  6. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I read your post on the commercial forum and responded to it also.
  7. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

My dealer said a scag 48" tiger cub can do a acre in 20 min.
  8. CottonPatch

CottonPatch LawnSite Member

S MAN
    Where abouts are you moving to?
  9. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Thats simply not possible.
  10. Gautreaux's LNG

Gautreaux's LNG LawnSite Senior Member

I know a guy that cuts 56 yards a week with a 20/52 fastrak. The only work we have done on it is the engine solenoid,besides regular maintance Got a 52 inch mini Z with 615 Hrs in one year. Replaced the soleniod also and a drive belt. This guy just bought a Super Mini Z 52". Which I believe is the best mower in its class bar none. Never known Hustler to have a problem and not solve it soon and promptly.