Thinking about a new Exmark walk behind

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mancinioldhorse, Aug 1, 2005.

1. Mancinioldhorse

Mancinioldhorse LawnSite Member

Would you buy either a fixed deck metro or floating deck? I have a fairly large, very beautiful property (7.5 acres) that I do that is a commercial venue for weddings, parties, etc...they love the way my ZTR's stripe the main area...(makes it look very professional, like a golf course) they say. But I use my 21's for around the house, decks, gardens and outbuildings. I want to get a walk behind to cut down on time yet keep the great looking cut I get with my toro' 21's....suggestions?

Oh yeah...I demo'd the metro 36 on another property and loved it and so did my crew, especially the ecs system..screw pistol grips.... Anyway... most of my properties have 36 inch gates and are at least 1/4 to 2 acres so I'm limited to a 36". Is exmark the best? and fixed or floating deck?
  2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

I am happy with my fixed deck metro 48. Great cut and everything. Others will disagree severely but i am happy. If you don't have to change the height much and the properties are relativly flat, then go with the fixed, its cheaper. ECS is great!
  3. redoak77

redoak77 LawnSite Senior Member

Once you get use to the mower, i don't hink u would have many problems with scalping on a 36in mower. If you can afford it, get a hydro. You will definitley won't regret it. The instant hydro is such a major factor on the hydros. It is great for small areas, like the gated properties you speak of. Btw, i really like exmark. :)
  4. bushtrimmer

bushtrimmer LawnSite Senior Member

We have 3- 36" mowers. Bobcat and Deere belt drives and Exmark hydro w/ ECS and floating deck. If the crew with the Ex isn't using it for a day, somone else usually takes it. They all like the Ex best. Almost double the price though.