Thinking About A Walk Behind

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Hawg City Lawns, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Hawg City Lawns

Hawg City Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

So today i was mowing a yard which was pretty good size right at an acre and a half it was fenced with a really tiny gate so i had to use a 21" so that whole time im walking behind this dang thing im starting to notice that a 32"-36" walk behind would be pretty handy so i have a budget of $2500 to $3000 i perfer a new mower and im looking for ease of use and quality of cut and something i could pull a sulky with.. any suggestions?

2. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

Check out the Quick line....

3. Hawg City Lawns

Hawg City Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

4. XterraJohn

XterraJohn LawnSite Member

For $3,000, and new, you're probably looking at a belt-drive unless you go with the Quick36. I got a Toro T-bar belt-drive for right around $2,995 last year. It works well and leaves a good cut, but, if there are a lot of trees or you're turning around a lot to make stripes, it can wear you out. If you're mowing over an acre and it is mostly just wide open where you can mow in circles, it might work well for you.

5. CuttingEdge LLC

CuttingEdge LLC LawnSite Member

I have a quick 36 for sale, ad is in equipment for sale section. Priced good with very low hours and will ship....Check out there website to get an idea of what it is....

6. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Thinking about a w/b? Well don't think about a w/b. Go with a small ztr like the exmark phazer.

7. Danielslawnservice

Danielslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

well for this to pay for it's self how many yards do you have?????

these cost 4000+ he needs something around 2000-3000 a w/b will be fine! unless he has more than just this one...

8. Danielslawnservice

Danielslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

hawg city lawns

I kinda like S man's remark u could make it work if u were to sell ur small 21"s and maybe the MTD and than invest in a Phazer... it would boost productivity....

9. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

I agree. Get rid of that home owner stuff and get the 34 phazer. Much better for your business.

10. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Yes, the Toro is mostly a circle or racetrack mower, it lends itself to doing curves much better than to u-turns...
    For a u-doit you need pistol grips but I'd hate to try that with a belt drive.

I'd check into the Quick as well.