Thinking about adding another service???

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by southtx, May 10, 2006.

1. southtx

southtx LawnSite Member

Ok Im sure that alot of you guys and girls out there already do this so yall can fill me in on weather it is worth it or not.. I was mowing some lawns the other day and I would notice at every home there were empty beds. Alot of the clients I have are to busy or to old to plant any type of flowers. So I was thinking about trying to sell flats of flowers. I would charge by the flat with a min. number of flats....I would also come in and plant certain plants with the season in mind (WINTER, SPRING,SUMMER ETC..) I would offer more then one type,color,and sizes I already have a couple of nurserys in mind on where to buy them at and I have space at my house where to store them. I just need to know if it would be worth it or not. I mean it cant hurt to try right. Let me know what yall think any information will help thanks!!!!
  2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

That will only work if they have irrigation and they pay you to maintain the flowers. I do all our flowers at commericial properties in Austin and there is a lot more to it than just dropping them into the ground. There are bugs, disease, water(not enough/too much), clipping off the dead buds, and more. We don't make a dine off flowers and we charge $25/flat so charge more if you are going to get into the business. I did a few for residential that we didn't mow and weeds come up in the beds so that is another consideration, you need to use pre-m. Good luck just charge enough!!
  3. southtx

southtx LawnSite Member

Thank I didnt really think about the weeds and bugs but the other items did croos my mind. Ill keep thinking about it...thanks