Thinking about buying a Mini Z/Super Mini Z -- Two questions.

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by IanP, Aug 26, 2007.

1. IanP

IanP LawnSite Member

Hello -

I'm considering buying a Mini Z or Super Mini Z that I will primarily use for mowing the yard at our house.

I have to questions before I pull the trigger.

I'm often busy with work. Most of the time, sans two or three occasions yearly, I can only mow once per week. In places, the grass gets fairly tall (4-6"). I'm looking for the best cut and mulch from a mower. Will gator blades be my best choice for blades in this scenario?

Secondly, many times I can only mow fairly early in the morning when there's dew on the ground. Is there any problems / concerns I should be aware of when doing this?

Thanks for the advice.

Ian

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The Gator blade and wet grass are not going to be your best combination.
    I would go with the full much kit and wavy mulching blades for what your explaining.

3. IanP

IanP LawnSite Member

Thank you for the prompt reply.

Where can I find more information (pricing, photos, etc.) on the full mulch kit and the wavy mulching blades?

Thank you again.

Ian

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

I dont have any photo's, sorry.
    It is a full baffled mulch kit, as in 2 baffles and a closure plate.
    Here is the information you need to order it.

Kit, 52" Mulch, FasTrak / Hustler Mini Z / Super Mini Z
    Part # 102640
    MSRP $134.00

5. cutedge

cutedge LawnSite Member

How is the cut quality and self cleaning deck abilitieso f the 52'' mini z since it has a relatively shallow deck depth? I'm also looking to buy within the next week or so. Thanks

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

This deck has been out for many years and we don't hear many complaints on the cut quality.
    In fact the Mini Z. Super Mini Z and FasTrak 52 inch decks are all of the same design and we sell a ton of them.
    Now self cleaning..... I don't know of a deck that is self cleaning, as long as your cutting fairly dry grass you don't have to worry about it, if the grass is wet or damp any deck is going to have some type of build up.

7. IanP

IanP LawnSite Member

How difficult is it to clean underneath the deck? I often mow in the morning, so I don't have a choice as to whether or not it's dry, unfortunately :(

Ian

8. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Very easy, just jack up the front and secure it with a jack stand and you will be able to clean it from underneath.
    Or you can run it up the side of your trailer ramp and do it that way.

Pj

9. SPENCER HUNTER

SPENCER HUNTER LawnSite Member

this is my very 1st new commercial mower,, other's used of course,, today i cut 3 lot's in less of 1 hr--3/4 acre each can't complain one bit,,, has a great cut these machine come in 36 inch and 42 inch,,, as far as i'm concerned,, this is a excellent mower,,, people ask me why get a smaller cut,, well i have a lot of rest. accounts with small entrance gate's at 48 inches,,, using that dreaded 22 inch push mower got old real quick,, " way to go hustler" dog gone good machine!:clapping:

10. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Sure makes you feel good about buying a Hustler.....
    Thanks for being part of the Hustler family !!!