Thinking about buying a replacement engine for Small Engine Warehouse

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Keith, Jul 23, 2002.

1. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I am probably going to order a replacement 12.5 Kawasaki engine for my Exmark Metro. Small Engine Warehouse seems to have a pretty good deal on them. For anyone who has dealt with them, what will it come with and what will I need to reuse?
  2. I got a 5.5 briggs for my blue bird PR earlier this year. good price, quick ship, knowedgeable staff-my old model # was no longer made, they got me the newer engine to fit my application
  3. Pelican

Pelican LawnSite Member

Haven't heard of this place, any links?

I need a 5 horse Honda
  4. Wayne Offiler

Wayne Offiler LawnSite Member

I have bought a couple of engines from them. The engine may be complete or without gas tank and/or muffler. Depends on the application its intended for. Call them for clarification. I have been quite satisfied. Engines are new, in the original box. They ship promptly. I even bought a "scratch and dent" special for 1/2 price. The paint on the blower housing war marred. What a deal!
  5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

The engine comes with a muffler. You will only need to reuse your pulleys and cables from the old engine. MAKE SURE you put anti-seaze on the pulleys and motor shaft before you put the pulleys on the new engine.
  6. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I notice there are three or four of these places. This is the one I am referring to . They have the engine for $475 + shipping. Sorry for any confusion.
  7. roscioli

roscioli LawnSite Senior Member

I hope I get the right ones! I bought worktunes early this year for like $65, but I cant rememeber where. Online, but I dont know what sight. Anyway, I had been meaning to buy some more since I hired my guy, and now is the time! Thanks for the link, lets hope I get the right ones,,, mike
  8. Keith
    I dont think any of these guys stock the engines but have them drop shipped. As long as you give them model # etc. should be ok.
  9. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a 14 hp vanguard from them 1996 used to be Roy

Padgett Sales. Recently I priced a 6.5 Intek for a JD $ 160

Others $ 300. Go for the 14 Kawi or the 13 Koh in their ad. More

efficient and more power. over 12 1/2. ED