Thinking about buying this truck for maintenance.. Advise please.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CollegeMowers, Feb 13, 2013.

1. clydebusa

clydebusa LawnSite Bronze Member

It could pull the space shuttle. No I agree looks pretty dorky and probably put together with old parts and welded together with left over pieces of other stuff. The trailer hitch is in question since it moves with the bed.
  2. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd buy it. Paint it, letter it up, and enjoy the mpg's. You need to hold down on the overhead as much as possibly. And it's rated as a 1 ton. I don't see why everyone is making a big deal about it. That may be a little high priced too.
  3. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

" Gets 22 MPG pulling a trailer"

I doubt that thing gets 10MPG with the dump bed. I also doubt it could pull a trailer. Toyota was a complete FLOP in the heavy truck market, Im suprised that thing still exists.
  4. onlythebest

onlythebest LawnSite Senior Member

It's got a v6.. Never mind the trailer that thing ain't getting up a hill with just the box loaded..
    Posted via Mobile Device

NIXRAY LawnSite Senior Member

Be careful these were made for 2 reasons RVs and UHauls. UHaul pulled out of service least I think they did. Because its not a true dual wheel. It's just a flimsy spacer. If use it for maybe bed maint and light duty work. Not pulling a trailer day in day out
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. CollegeMowers

CollegeMowers LawnSite Member

Cool. looks like i will steer clear! Thanks for the input guys!
  7. ashgrove landscaping

ashgrove landscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Sure get it and ignore everyone's sound advise. Just make sure you keep us posted on how your business and life changes after purchase and use.
  8. CollegeMowers

CollegeMowers LawnSite Member

I just said I am going to steer clear. What are you talking about buddy?
  9. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

10. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

You both posted at the same time so on his screen you had not posted anything yet. He was most likely typing while you posted.