1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

thinking about getting a truck like this

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by vaacutabove, Nov 22, 2010.

1. vaacutabove

vaacutabove LawnSite Bronze Member

2. C & T Landscaping

C & T Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Looks pretty sweet. I've never seen a cab over with the landscape body that dumps.
  3. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

To be worth while as a dump, it will need some solid sides. Haveing a dump opens up a whole new arena of work. Looks like a nice truck.

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

Do yourself a favor and get a isuzu or fuso instead of the international. They are way better designed and proven trucks.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. Southern Pride

Southern Pride LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Memphis

Damn. That truck is ideal. You must be doing pretty well @ it solo to need one of those solo. How many accounts do you handle weekly, if you don't mind me asking?
  6. Grass Shark

Grass Shark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Zone 7

Check the insurance before you buy, they might :hammerhead: you!!
  7. orlawncaresvc

orlawncaresvc LawnSite Senior Member

How much is that gonna cost? Probably be cheaper if you go with an izu or gmc.
  8. TheGoat

TheGoat LawnSite Senior Member

what is the justification for a dump bed when you have a dovetail?
  9. Bumpmaster

Bumpmaster LawnSite Fanatic

Hydrolic lift would be nice. The Registration fees and regular maintenance might kill the cost effectiveness of a ride like that. :canadaflag:
  10. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I'd be inclined to buy a 3/4 ton pickup if you think you have the need. I've been pulling a 16 foot trailer with my 1995 5.0 F-150 for a long time. It's almost up to 140,000 miles now. A 3/4 ton tiuck should surely do the job you need it to.

That International is almost 3 years old and it still hasn't sold. It makes me wonder why? If it had a 16 foot bed that would be a little better.