Thinking about getting into mowing

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Jas1n, May 14, 2008.

1. Jas1n

Jas1n LawnSite Member

I live in a neighborhood where I could just walk my mower and weed wacker to customer houses to reduce fuel expenses. I am also a licenced pest control technician. I know a guy who owns a pest control business, so it would be easy for me to refer my costumer's to him, make money from that and even do some Pest control work when I am not mowing lawns. Now The lawns where I live are small. I was thinking about getting a nice push mower with a bag, weed wacker, clippers, rake and some bags for clean up. Maybe a wagon to put my equipment in and pull to there houses. No truck yet. Pricing... 15-30 bucks a lawn would get me alot of costumer's fast. Plan would be to print out a few hundred fliers and go door to door. Any inputs on my plan?

2. F3Nelson

F3Nelson LawnSite Member

This is fuggin hiliarous, PLEASE tell me it was a JOKE, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A wagon.............ROFL

3. Jas1n

Jas1n LawnSite Member

A wagon rolls for free. Have fun with a truck getting 12mpg and gas hitting 4.50 a gallon this summer. No its no a joke. Hell I so a guy towing his mower with a bicycle.