Thinking about getting the Diesel Z- Looking for feedback

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by 2_Djinn, Jun 7, 2005.

1. 2_Djinn

2_Djinn LawnSite Member

We decided to sell our toro 52" ZTR and get a hustler. We know we want a 60" deck. Now were were thinking about geting a 60" Super Z then if we took on more larger commerical acounts we would then get a Diesel 72"

Now were kicking around the idea of just getting a 60" Diesel. Now I guees what im wondering is, is the extra $$ for the diesel worth it? Were just looking for some feedback on it.
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

A diesel in a 60" is a big purchase, you need to make sure it will fit all your intended mowing applications, also make sure it will be ok in wet areas.
    If you can justify the $'s then it would be a great choice.
    You wont have any problems with heavy growth, with 34 horses going through it!

3. wushaw

wushaw LawnSite Member

It's hard to beat a diesel. CAT builds a great motor, I know my C13 in my class 7 truck is a real workhorse.
    I have a non Hustler brand 61" ZTR with a Kubota diesel and it's just great.
    I am sure the 34hp CAT will mow circles around my little 22hp Kubota powered ZTR.
    I have a 36" Mini Fastrak that is a fun little mower and having a diesel on a Hustler frame would be a very, very long lasting machine.
    I would have looked at the Hustler CAT closer if it were in my price range.
  4. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

I demoed a prototype model recently, I will say it is a big engine, in a big frame, very nice to ride, top notch quality, bloody solid built! Auto reversing cooling fans on radiator, hydro powered deck etc, etc...this thing oozes dominance!

I want one!

If price in my country comes down I'll even buy one with rear discharge deck on.

The diesel model is very sweet mate, but big as you would expect....not what you would do small lawns with, more acreage, parks etc, open areas stuff.

Once you have had a good demo, you will want one! :cool2:
  5. 2_Djinn

2_Djinn LawnSite Member

I demoed one this afternoon at the dealer. I was very impressed. This model had the 60" side discharge deck. The large frame made the 60" deck seem small. As already said this not a rider for small properties.

Id like to know what options for tires there are with the Hustlers. My partner and I also demoed a Dixie Chopper XT3200-60 today also. I was very impressed with both machines. Our dealer turned on the sprinkers in part of there large lawn and get the grass real wet and both mower handeld it great. Although the tire tread on the Dixie didnt seem to create "clumps" and much as the tread on the Hustler.

So it seems its down to a Dixie and a Hustler. I will say the Hustlers looks are winning me over at this point. :cool2:
  6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

We currently do not offer any tire options other than what comes stock on the mower.
    I will ask our product manager what plans there are and let you know.

7. wildbilly

wildbilly LawnSite Member

I Didn't Think Hustler Offered The Cat Diesel Any More?
  8. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

We don't...
    This thread is from 2005.....