Thinking about going back to an enclosed...

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Lawn-Scapes, Oct 22, 2004.

1. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Just thinking out loud here. No real questions (maybe). I switched to an open trailer this year because 1. I needed something larger, 2. I really prefer to work off an open trailer and pulling one, and 3. cost was a factor at the time. Now I think I may go back to an enclosed because I don't like my equipment being weathered and I don't really have any storage at my home.

I was looking at 16 footer's which would be just the right size for my current equipment (meaning no extra room for anything else). Then I was looking at a 20 footer but don't like the idea of pulling a house behind me. Now I'm looking at a 16 footer with a 5' V nose on it. I don't know... like I said.. just thinking. :)

Would pulling a 20' enclosed feel much different then pulling my current 16' open trailer? This is what I'm thinking of getting.

2. oneandonlyjojo

oneandonlyjojo LawnSite Member
    from NY

that is real large wat kind of equipment do u bring with you that u need something like that. half of that is maybe the largest trailer u would see being hauled around here. but the whole storage thing is an issue i have also and need something enclosed next year

3. Lawn-Scapes

That's a 20' V nose.

4. oneandonlyjojo

oneandonlyjojo LawnSite Member
    from NY

yea i was wondering how many mowers do u carry in that daily>

5. Lawn-Scapes

I would have 2 72" Dixie Choppers, a 21" and possibly a 36" walkbehind. There will be times when I would want to bring one Dixie Chopper and my tractor/aerator together... which I cannot do with a 16 footer. For those that haven't seen my set up... here it is. Snug as a bug. BTW.. The trailer is for sale :)

6. JHLC

JHLC LawnSite Member

I personally would go with the 20'. I had a 14' enclosed trailer, now I have a 20'. There is so much more room in the 20',its definitely worth the extra trouble it is to tow. After about two weeks you get used to it. Its not full yet, but I have the extra space if I need it. Just my thoughts.

7. mmacsek

mmacsek LawnSite Senior Member

I went from a 14' open trailer to a 18' enclosed this year. I needed the storage. I have extra room and nothing is shoe horned. There is no problem driving. I tried to pm you but it is disabled. How much for the trailer? I'm looking for an open for next year. I'm adding a crew. Thanks Matt

8. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

are your gas cans on a rack their? or are they just sittting their just because your @ home, just wondering?

9. Lawn-Scapes

Not sure what you're asking?

10. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

I've got a 24' Featherlite, V-Nose, so there's an extra 4' in the "V", and I still don't have enough room.

Seems like the bigger you get, just that much more stuff gets on your wish list and you end up hauling that around too.