thinking about going box truck

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Plow God, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Plow God

Plow God LawnSite Member

I am thinking about getting rid of my lawn maintenance trailer and getting a box truck. Does anyone on here have a box truck set up, if so how do you like it.

2. MrRob

MrRob LawnSite Member

id like to hear options as well

3. Plow God

Plow God LawnSite Member

Pro's and con's would be extemely helpful.

4. MrRob

MrRob LawnSite Member

security is a big pro in my book.

5. Plow God

Plow God LawnSite Member

bump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. yardworks  inc.

yardworks inc. LawnSite Member

You will like a boxtruck, no doubt. If you are just mowing you will have everything you need in one spot plus it will be out of the weather. Also the cabovers are easy to drive for any new employees. You don't have to worry about guys backing the trailer or jack knifing. Plus it is a big billboard for your business. The time you save loading and unloading, fuel savings, and time spent running back to the shop because someone left a tool will more than pay for itself in no time.

7. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

What is the approx loading height of the cargo area floor? Are there wheelwells to contend with?

8. becpropertymaint.

becpropertymaint. LawnSite Senior Member

where do you put your grass/waste

9. Plow God

Plow God LawnSite Member

Size wise im good, ive been doing this for 15yrs so i know what to look foor in that aspect, i dump everything on sight. I will be going from a 28' enclosed gooseneck to a 16ft box. Does the dot bother you w/the box truck more than they would w/ a trailer?

10. yardworks  inc.

yardworks inc. LawnSite Member

We have our dot number on the truck so its no problem. Actually here in Kentucky dot is cracking down on the guys pulling trailers. Thats just because everybody and their brother is pulling a trailer for mowing and not being licensed.