Thinking about self propeled Fert spreader...

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by Meierznutz, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Meierznutz

Meierznutz LawnSite Member

Those of you that have one or have used one, please tell me the good and bad here.... Is it worth the cost and what are the real world issues they have? I have seen the videos but those are best case use to show them off. Are they worth the investment?

2. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

If you have enough work to justify the expense. It is totally worth it. I have a Ground Logic Path finder and used to own a Permagreen Magnum.

3. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Ideal for medium and large lawns. Too heavy to lift. You need a trailer or caddy platform. You will still want a small spreader for small lawns. Did you mean a ride-on...or...were you thinking of a powered push spreader.
    Were you thinking of a spreader that mounts on a mower or ATV?

4. georgialawn88

georgialawn88 LawnSite Bronze Member

shades of green,
    I have a pg. Do you like the ground logic better and why? I was thinking of getting a ground logic but cant demo due to them being so far away

5. Meierznutz

Meierznutz LawnSite Member

I have looked at both the JRCO as well as power riders... I have a trailer already and don't mind moving the ProLockers for securement.

6. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

The only brands I would consider are: Z-Spray, Ground Logic, TURFCO. If you have enough customers & plan in being in the business very long, buy a quality piece of equipment from one of the above. imo.