1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Thinking for 2012 season!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by H & M Yard Improvements, Jan 7, 2012.

1. H & M Yard Improvements

H & M Yard Improvements LawnSite Member

Hey all. We are about to enter our 2nd season here and I have a question for the seasoned pros about trying to land new clients. I was thinking about my existing customers from 2011 if they refer us to someone new and have that person sign up with us for the 2012 season and as a result we will give them (the customer from last year) a free cut or some sort of discount as a thank you. Has anyone had experience with doing this, if so, has it worked or is it not worth doing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

IMO... Not worth doing... may cause "feelings"...
  3. ReddensLawnCare

ReddensLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

I offer customers incentives to help land jobs. I have a customer in particular who does commercial upfits so I made a deal with him that any job I get from him valued over 5,000 he will get half off his monthly contract for the following month. It has happened twice. I also offer my customers incentives for referring me to a customer who will sign a contract
    Posted via Mobile Device