Thinking of advertising to some realtors...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Carolina Cutter, Jan 16, 2005.

1. Carolina Cutter

Carolina Cutter LawnSite Senior Member

Here is a letter I threw together...tell me what you think.

realtor letter.jpg

2. green814

green814 LawnSite Member

I think it looks good. I did notice one minor wording mistake," If you ever... ", should read " If you are ever ... " or could read " If you ever need someone..". Take no offense, just trying to help. Keep us posted how it works because I have considered the same thing. Good luck.

Chris

3. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks like a good idea. Have you done this before and if anyone else did, how was the results?

4. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

It works great. I used to do it years back, but haven't in 6 or so years.

I actually ended up doing all of the bank owned properties for a large real estate firm in the state. I think there were 35 accounts on average as they would come and go.

5. Carolina Cutter

Well since you used to do it in the past....what do you think of what I have in the letter so far??

And did you structure your pricing as you do with regular type customers?

6. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

Merlin,

I think it looks great actually. The only spelling/grammar thing I would change would be the " If you ever " line mentioned above.

I pop into the sales meetings at the local office and bring in donuts and coffee every month or so. Just to see how everyone is doing, etc. It goes VERY far !

7. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Looks good, I see you used my opening paragraph. It's good to know people on here actually read what I write. ;)

8. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

looks good but i'd leave out the middle name.

9. Carolina Cutter

Yea, I used a "modified" version of it and wanted to give credit but I couldn't remember where I got it from....had it saved in MS Word.

Thanks!!!!

10. newbomb

newbomb LawnSite Senior Member

I think it's pretty good. I am licensed as a realtor and will be working in a local office this summer to get started. I am planning to pick up work there all summer to suppliment my income until I am a super agent. The only problem might be, agents sell houses where ever the house is, so you might have some running around to do. It may be harder to keep a tight route. As long as you limit your distance or charge for posssible travel situations, you should do well. -Paul