Thinking of buying a couple new ZTR's. Any recommendations?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by evan price, May 25, 2005.

1. evan price

evan price LawnSite Member

I have two old Scag STHM Kohler 20HP 61" front deck tripod mowers, real old, like 'em a lot though. Business is good and I got a new office park customer, and I am thinking about getting a couple of ZTRs. Kinda lookin' over the new Hustlers or else a Scag Turf Tiger. Somebody want to open a can of worms for me and make a recommendation? I've seen some inexpensive models out there, need reliable but not necessarily high dollar. Just 'coz its expensive don't make it better.

2. kintaro

kintaro LawnSite Member

hey i have had them all .go with exmark their the best you will see the difference!!

3. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

Go with Toro they give a great cut and the price is cheaper than exmark and they are just as good (toro makes exmark). I would say TORO WITH OUT A DOUBT i run toros and i love them. Wouldnt run anything else.

4. youngbuck

youngbuck LawnSite Member

personally i think the hustlers are better i demoed ex mark and the hustler i also have the three wheel scag right now. ex mark had the cleaner cut but by the time u double cut with a hustler it looks ten times better the the exmark. but the best thing to do is go demo both of them

5. Sweetwater

Sweetwater LawnSite Member

Exmark or Toro

6. Mountain Peak

Mountain Peak LawnSite Member

I just bought a new Hustler, awesome!!! The only piece of advice I can really give you is find a good, close dealer that will give you good support. Whether they have Exmark, Toro, or Hustler, you really can't go wrong. Do a couple searches around the board here and see what else you come up with. I chose the Hustler because of input from this site and how well the dealer treats me. Good dealer support is worth its weight in gold.