thinking of buying jungle jim sulkey

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dmk395, Jun 2, 2001.

1. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

With my legs dying of late, I am thinking of buying a dual wheeled Jungle Jim Sulkey to ride on with my 15hp Exmark 48" How well do they turn? I have alot of 1/4 acre yards with a myriad of turns, so will production be the same as if I were walking? Will this attachment affect my stripes?

2. Nick

Nick Banned

I have one on my 48" scag and it is great. Turns just like without it and saves you legs for trimming.

3. oneEXMARKfan

oneEXMARKfan Banned

I've had mine a month or so, and love mine. Never owned another kind/brand to compare them to, and did consider a Pro Slide, but after many years these Jungle Wheels will be like new. Heard the Pro Slides needed parts replaced every few months. (The way I see it, if I was trying to pull somebody around on a Pro Slide VS. a wheeled sulky.......... I know which would take less effort) *Now I can use 4th and 5th gear on this eXmark 48".........3rd was as fast as I ever wanted to walk. The Jungle Wheels tracks are the same as the mower's tracks

4. Quail Creek LC

Quail Creek LC LawnSite Member
    from IOWA

I just bought one a couple of weeks ago and it works good. I was using a velke made by Velke before. Jungle jims velke is a good product but Velke is a little better and a little more money.

5. leeslawncare

leeslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I have one on my 36"deere .Best thing since sliced bread!!!!!

6. Indiana

Indiana LawnSite Member

I got one a year ago when I bought my Husky walk behind.

I like it, saves your legs...

Turns pretty tight and pretty easy to raise if you want. It comes with a small piece of cable to tie it up.

7. Just Cut

Just Cut LawnSite Member

I also have the jungle wheels on my 48" exmark and have increased my productivity by 30%. It has been an excellent investment

8. smburgess

smburgess LawnSite Senior Member

I've got jungle wheels on a couple of toro 52" walk behinds and the guys love'em. Also have Velke's on a couple of toro 48" walk behinds that they like just as much.

9. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

10. rdh

rdh LawnSite Senior Member

i had one till it got stolden.i like it.i was going to put chains on it like dixie choppers striping kit to late now.