Thinking of buying this trailer

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Storm the Patriot, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Storm the Patriot

Storm the Patriot LawnSite Member

2. Storm the Patriot

Anyone think this may be a good idea?
    thanks

3. tstutz

tstutz LawnSite Senior Member
    from Kansas

what are the axles like? also i would give it a paint job. just a comparison, i purchased my 16ft brand new tandom axle trailer similar to the one you are looking at (except the length) and gave $1200. I would talk them down to around the $800 range. it just looks kind of rough. let us know what you end up doing

4. Storm the Patriot

thanks a lot..hes being honest with me and saying it is in need of a paint job...also one tire is leaking but he says he will get that fixed...

just seems like a decent deal for the size trailer it is...and i could use a bigger trailer...

thanks again.

5. tstutz

tstutz LawnSite Senior Member
    from Kansas

ya. Before i make a new purchase I go over the basics. this includes income and expenses, and also project your income for next season. see if you can really justify it. also do you have multiple mowers that you must haul to each account? because i know with my 16 foot trailor i have alot of wasted space. but i need that space when i haul my polaris ranger or use it to haul a car.

6. Storm the Patriot

well i haul two good sized zero turns that the single axle 6x12 is just too heavy for...plus i could use some more room when taking my big big ladder...and i feel this is a good deal for the size.

you agree?

7. blk90s13

blk90s13 LawnSite Bronze Member

What size trailer do you have now ? and what size are you looking for ?

I need to down size a bit or sell mine to get an enclosed

check sig

8. JayD

JayD LawnSite Silver Member

I would agree with this statement .......$800 not a penny more! He will take it......Dont show him your poker face....if see's that you really want it, you will pay to much.....

9. Think Green

Think Green LawnSite Silver Member

Storm,
    1200.00 seems a bit high but that may be right for your area.
    I don't know Maryland's DOTC rules, but that trailer will need some paint, securement chains, brake system, breakaway system, more safety lights. Stopping a trailer of that length and weight will tear up your brake system in 3-4 months of continuous use. I am sure you have an adequate sized truck, diesel, or 4X4 to haul this thing loaded with equipment.??
    I would offer them 800.00 and negotiate. I would go ahead and redo the light wiring and run a 7-pole harness just for additions of other systems.

10. JayD

JayD LawnSite Silver Member

Or buy one of these SLT trucks below LOL.....which is still on my wish list but I guess Santa did'nt think I was good enough....