Thinking of changing my business name to "Non illegal immigrant lawn care"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bigbone, Jun 19, 2007.

1. bigbone

bigbone LawnSite Member

I wonder how many calls I would get just by changing my name to that. LOL.

2. hdhillin

hdhillin LawnSite Member

You will find out that it doesn't matter. People just DO NOT care. It is such a shame too. If you do change your name let me know how it goes.

3. Sandgropher

Sandgropher LawnSite Senior Member

It might be better than "Call Bigbone for all your needs" :rolleyes:

4. F&SLawnCo

F&SLawnCo LawnSite Member

hdhillin, I have noticed that it does make a difference, but only with a small percentage of our customers. I will say that it has not helped me gain any new business but our reputation of hiring only legal workers has helped us keep business from going to undercutters.

5. Mark in MD

Mark in MD LawnSite Senior Member

I'd say there are a certain percentage of people concerned about vagrant types. Seems half the time there's a murder in the suburbs, it turns out the perp is an unemployed landscaper of some sort....

6. bigbone

bigbone LawnSite Member

That's funny. I did work for an irrigation guy in high school. His last name was Dick and I tried to get him to change his business name to "Big Dicks Irrigation"

7. Phaneuf

Phaneuf LawnSite Member

HDHILLIN, you're right, many people just don't seem to care one way or the other. Bottom line is the only thing that seems to matter. I was going to open a second service and call it "Good Enough Lawncare". You know, a mow and go type outfitt, just to see if its viable and if I'm wasting my time with a premium quality service. Of all my clients I have only a small handfull that are actually picky about their lawn. The rest are just apathetic to it, like at least they don't have to mow their own lawn.

8. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Hey, just noticed your from Hutch too lol. Is your truck green and tan? Think I have seen you around.

9. okcfire

okcfire LawnSite Member

I have picked up accounts because all of my employees can communicate with customers. Mostly the older customers. Younger working class people just want it done in time for the weekend.

10. hdhillin

hdhillin LawnSite Member

Bigbone, I can say I appreciate you wanting to use only legal help. I do the lawn part time due to working full time in Federal Law Enforcement. W/O mentioning who it is I work for, let me just say that it revolves around illegal aliens...... Seeing lawn companies use them irks me like nothing else. But now it is a political thing as to when, if and where we can arrest them. For fear of causing problems for myself I had better stop writing about this FOR NOW. GOOD LUCK!