Thinking of getting a certificate in Turfgrass Pest Management

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by LoneStarLawn, Oct 31, 2001.

1. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Kirby that is the one I am signing up for. (Purdue University)

2. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

3. Sammy

Link not working. Sorry.
    Edit button is missing.:angry:

4. Sammy

5. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

The edit button was not missing...LOL. You just have to move the scroll bar to the right since your post extended the viewing area.

Here is the link:Purdue Link

6. Randy J

Randy J LawnSite Bronze Member

This is the certification I'm studying for. Probably old news for most of you that have been in business for a long time, but a lot of good information for a new comer such as myself. I figure the certification will look good when I go to apply for a business loan, as well as for the customers.
    I just finished a Irrigation Association course today, Irrigation installation & Maintenance. Good course, didn't realize there was so much to know about installing sprinkler systems. Tomorrow & Sunday I'll be taking classes towards certification in Landscape Irrigation Auditor.

7. Sammy

LoneStar, I see it now. :eek:

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Alan,
    Do you have a state pesticide certification and license at this time?

9. earthandturf

earthandturf LawnSite Member

I am currently enrolled in a turf management class and an entomology class, just 2 of the 8 courses I will be taking to achieve a Turf Management Certificate. I also plan on getting a Landscape Management Certificate and possibly an Associates Degree in Horticulture. Not only is this knowledge important for continued business sucess, but I also find it challenging and fun. I also meet many other green industry professionals with whom I can network and share imformation and ideas, much like Lawnsite but in a local sense.:blob3:

10. BLakin01

BLakin01 LawnSite Member

Lonestar,

I am currently working towards my assosciates degree in turf, and I think it would be to your benefit. It may not net you more money or customers, but you will at least have the knowledge of the subject, or at least more so than you already have.

Brandon Lakin
    B&H Mowing Service
    Rensselaer, IN