Thinking of getting a Lazer Z ct 18hp 48" deck

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by tkcrabby, Jul 19, 2006.

1. tkcrabby

tkcrabby LawnSite Member

As the title says,,,,,,, I'm thinking of getting a Lazer Z ct 18hp 48" deck, it's new but a 2005 model,,,,,,,,,,,,, it's been sitting outside at the dealer,,, what should I get this machine for? What's the differences between the 2005 and 2006 models of the "ct"?

I was thinking about a Dixon Ram 50" but it doesn't have the "wheel motors" like the CT does and I understand that's a good thing.

I hoping my dealer is more helpful IF I go back to him otherwise I guess I'll buy from an out of town dealer.
  2. tkcrabby

tkcrabby LawnSite Member

I'll give a little more info and hopefully then I'll get some,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, the dealer first gave a price of $5499 plus tax for this new 2005 model CT ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, that was from the kid at the counter,,,,,, he didn't know anything else to tell me about the features of the mower so I asked who I'd need to talk to IF I wanted to buy the machine, he pointed at a guy behind another counter who was sitting down in a chair,, I went over to this fellow and asked him about the mower and made mention about the several little things wrong with it and he said,, I can sell it to you for $5100 plus tax and that's as low as I can go,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, it still seems high to me for this mower,,,,,, he really didn't act as though he even wanted to sell it at all.
  3. huhnchadd

huhnchadd LawnSite Member

I was looking at that model as well but got an AS instead they had a new 05 in the crate. I was looking at the CT first. There is a $400 off deal on that mower. I think with the $400 off I was quoted 5,399.95 for an 18 hp vanguard with a 48" deck and $5899.95 for the 21 HP and 52" deck. I got the 05 Lazer Z AS w/ 23 HP Kohler 52" deck for $6995. Sounds like he is only taking $299 off of the price for an 05. So, I don't think you are getting a real deal but, who knows what they really make on a machine. Most of there cash comes from service.
  4. tkcrabby

tkcrabby LawnSite Member

I wanted the CT BUT the dealer still doesn't want to sell it even though it's a 2005 model and the 2007's are just about here,,,,,,,,,,,, so, I guess I'll be getting a Hustler or a Dixon.
  5. Andy_

Andy_ LawnSite Member

He gave you a price of $5100 so why do say he doesn't want to sell it????
    Pay the man and it's yours.
  6. tkcrabby

tkcrabby LawnSite Member

Because it's a 2005 model (2007 are going to be out soon if not already in some brands) , setting outside with a flat front tire and rust on every nut and bolt and one of the steering levers is rusted bad enough that I had to use both hands to move it to the center position. I would think given all of this that he'd come down off his price a little more NOT to mention the fact he didn't even get out of his chair at his desk behind the parts counter at the dealship.................. He didn't act like he wanted to sell it at all IMHO,,,,,,,,, it was the only eXmark he had in stock, two John deer ZTRs and a "white , by MTD" ZTR,,, this dealership is primarily a hardware store,,,,, IF eXmark had a dealer in this town that wanted to deal with the public I think they could do a LOT better in the market share in this area.