Thinking of getting an exMark

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ernest, Oct 9, 2005.

1. Ernest

Ernest LawnSite Member

Is there a time of year when these mowers are discounted, like winter time? This will be my first commercial mower and I want to buy right.

Ernie

2. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

Used equipment gets really cheap in autumn and winter for obvious reasons.

3. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Waiting till next spring for the new models might be a good idea but you should get the best deal now. I think I saw the 12 month free financing on the website. Just make sure to pay it off or refinance before the free financing is up.

4. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I would wait until spring if you are going to buy a new mower. The new Exmarks are very different (deck sizes) so maybe you will fall into something. I looked at a 04 demo Exmark TTHP 52" and it only had 25 hours on it but it was only discounted $300.00 from a brand new one.WTF!

5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

In my area there are no leftover Exmarks to get a discount on. The local dealers here sell them faster than they can get them. One dealer sells several hundred a year and doesn't discount anything. Supply and demand.

6. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

Richard,

If you were born in May 1958, you aint no 45 years old!

7. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

Remember there are some new deck designs and other features coming out on the next generation of exmarks. If you want a better mower you might want to hold off. 4 years from now the $500 or whatever you save now won't seem that big a deal vs. a mower that mows better or faster.

8. firstclasslawncareandplow

firstclasslawncareandplow LawnSite Member

First of all, i do agree i would wait for the 06 models......but i bought a 60"Turf tracer new this spring.....it had 80 hours on it and i got something like $1300 of the maufacturars retail for just 80 hours.....and it still has a full factory warrenty......good choice with the exmark....i love both of mine!

9. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, I'd wait to see what the Triton deck is all about if you are seeking a rider.

I don't think the walks are getting this deck just yet right?

10. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Come on man, I turned 45 for the 3rd time this year. My profile has been updated. Thanks!