Thinking of going solo

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by joslawn33, Sep 14, 2008.

1. joslawn33

joslawn33 LawnSite Member

I was wondering what would be a good yearly gross for a solo operator.With help one guy im doing 60,000 plus a year depending on accts and wheater of course im in ky western part and money is really tighten down.My problem is with help cant find none i hate baby sittin grown men pick them up take home etc etc makes me sick one guy quit today cause i told him he needed to cut his hair been with me a month and friday first time he combed it cause i got on him he is 40 years old he told me today if i didnt like it he quit i told him to kick rocks.

2. Icepuck72

Icepuck72 LawnSite Senior Member

That was hard to read.

3. cgll1135

cgll1135 LawnSite Member

I wold guess about two thirds of what you are currently doing.

4. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

ya really, i had to read it twice to try and understand what he was saying! :dizzy:

5. joslawn33

Whats hard to understand about it?

6. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Your gross depends on the dollar value in your area and your ambition level. The bad part of being solo is that you have to do all the work. The good part is you only have to listen to crap from a few customers.

7. Supertiger

Supertiger LawnSite Member

one man should be able to make at least 200.00+ day if the weather permits. Unless you have badly under priced your yards.

8. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I know what you mean. I too am probably about to go solo and fire my helper. I needed him to help me again on a job the other day and he backed out last minute, again. And I had a talk with him and it was even in writing what I expected out of him and it worked for about a day and then back to the old ways. I told him when I had the talk with him this is your last warning, next time you screw up your gone.......he screwed up

9. joslawn33

Im glad to see im not by myself when it comes to this I try hard to be a good employer but im sick of trying I started this off on a bicycle and a push mower in the early nineties between tha age of 19 and 21 and built myself to what i got now and i still got that desire but cant fine no one with a desire they want something for nothing im not the one.

10. doubleedge

doubleedge LawnSite Senior Member
    from ND

There is a thing called grammer. Your post doesnt have it.