Thinking of leaving Indiana for Florida

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Indysfinestlawnservice, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Indysfinestlawnservice

Indysfinestlawnservice LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

If I left an dwent to Orlando or surrounding area(Im a Fla native from Polk) would I be able to make it...Ive been up north for a while but work is year around at home...WHAT WOULD YOU DO????

2. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

would you be able to afford living down there before you get any customers? do you have another job lined up in the interim to pay the bills?

3. RickR1818

RickR1818 LawnSite Senior Member

Let me know if u leave, I need some more customers and equip...ha ha ha

4. Indysfinestlawnservice

Indysfinestlawnservice LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I have about 16000 to get me there and get me by....I think that would work.

5. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

well you would really have to figure out your expenses IMO before you went. how much would an apartment cost per month? there would be a lot of stuff to consider before i moved my operation anywhere else....just my .02

6. fool32696

fool32696 LawnSite Senior Member

Orlando is expensive and there are guys everywhere doing work for practically nothing

7. Sunstate Lawn

Sunstate Lawn LawnSite Member

I am from orlando. Believe me when I say competition is rough. Everywhere I go I compete with uninsured, uneducated, unlicensed people doing the work for half the cost of what it should be done for. I'm sure that everywhere has their share of this, but it is an infestation here. I have to convince customers that insurance and licensing are important! I wouldn't recommend it, but if you do come down here, good luck.

8. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

its money 2 b made n this industry,no matter where u r u have 2 apply yourself.Good luck with whatever decision u make

9. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

But somehow you, me , and all the others are able to make it anyway.

10. martinfan06

martinfan06 LawnSite Senior Member

So ture just have to work harder be more professional than the next guy.