Thinking of moving to NC

Discussion in 'Employment' started by Noot Dogg, Nov 27, 2007.

1. Noot Dogg

Noot Dogg LawnSite Member

I am thinking of moving to Kernersville,NC in spring. I am looking for a decent job down that way. I have been in landscaping since I was 8, I am now 28, So I kinda know what I am doing. Let me know please.

2. DCE

DCE LawnSite Senior Member

When you get down here, you might want to stop in to Farmer's Feed & Seed on Main St in Kernersville. They are a full line Toro, Hustler, and Stihl dealer who does a lot of business with landscapers and they might know companies who might need help. There's also two hospitals and universities here in Winston-Salem who are always in need of help. Send me a PM if you would like more pointers.

3. Noot Dogg

Hey DCE, tahnks for the input. I cant pm yet. Which hospitals?? And what do they usally start at for $$ ?? Up here I am getting aroungd 15-17 an hour.

4. DCE

Forsyth Medical Center and NC Baptist Hospital/WFU School of Medicine.

I have connections at WFU/Baptist. Email me if you want to know how to find jobs at the med school or Baptist. Not sure if there are any groundskeeping positions open now.

5. Noot Dogg

Hey DCE, If you want send them to my e-mail. It is NootDogg@Hotmail.com. I greatly appreciate the help. :usflag::usflag:

6. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

Couple of the larger LCO's here are only paying $8 an hour, $12 for expierenced crew leader. I payed my employee $7.50 per yard which averaged between $15-20 per hour but I couldn't offer benefits so he left.

7. DCE

No problem, I'll get that info for you and email you. Not sure if you've thought about working for the city, maintaining rights of way, city parks, etc. I know it's probably not what you would really like to be doing but it is in this line of work and maybe something you can take while looking around for another job. I have a connection with the City of Winston-Salem that I can find out info for you if you would like.

8. Noot Dogg

That would be great. See what he says and let me know. City work would be perfect for me.

9. DCE

10. TCEminowicz

TCEminowicz LawnSite Member

What kind of work are you looking for? We have a store in Colfax, NC (about 3 miles east of Kernersville) that sells OPE. We sell to commercial users and homeonwers. Are you looking for landscape work or sales or crew leader or what? Let me know if I can help.