Thinking of Next Year already

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tiedeman, Sep 17, 2004.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

What is everybody thinking about for next year? Any major changes? Any new services, equipment, etc.?

2. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

Yeah, I'm thinking about lining up work already. A few nice hardscape jobs that folks are putting in the budget for next year. :D

I'm also thinking about a 36" w/b (bye bye 21") and replacing 60" w/b with a stander.

And a bedshaper too!

3. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Expanding!

I hired my first guy this past Tuesday. He did pretty good this week considering he had no experience. Hopefully I will get to the point where I can add 2 more guys next year. I want to be done with being solo!

4. GreenMonster

from NH

Oh yeah, that reminds me. I'd like to hire someone reliable too. :angry:

5. tiedeman

from earth

or someone that does constant quality work

6. GreenMonster

from NH

yeah. No more following everyone around and checking their work. Does anyone take pride in their work anymore? :rolleyes:

7. LCME

LCME LawnSite Senior Member

If you guys where closer I would help out. But, you're not! :p hehehe. Wait, how much do you pay. Will relocate if price is wright. payup

My plans for next year if I get more accounts. To get another mower. Not sure yet if w/b or rider. But, I'm thinking maybe exmark Z 60 or TTHP 60 or 48 like I got but new. New trimmer, edger, w/b blower, trailer open or closed, etc. Depends on what type of lawns I got to work with.

Thanks for asking, LCME

8. tiedeman

from earth

yup, I hate to do that

9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

NEXT year??? Hell, I just wanna get through THIS year first...lol

10. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm planning on selling off 20-25 mowing accounts. I have been running two mowing crews (2 man and 3 man). I want to go back to one mowing crew and I am going to try to dedicate the 2 men just for installs, skid steer work, mulching, etc. Sometimes clients have to wait 2-3 weeks to have some of the "extras" done because mowing takes up so much of our time. I think my company can be more responsive and take care of these more profitable services. I will never get out of maintenance completely, I just want to cut back.

Acute Cut likes this.