1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

thinking of partnership arrangement?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by lbmyers, Jan 16, 2012.

1. lbmyers

lbmyers LawnSite Member

Ya wanna buy??!! No you're right - we just need to get re-energized. Maybe if we go to the NC tradeshow this weekend we can get some motivation back - or at least network for a potential candidate! Thanks for the pep talk

2. CrownScapes

CrownScapes LawnSite Member

There you go. Trust me going through same thing, had major neck surgery on December so out till march, jjust had 2 teeth pulled with infection running through body and also because of surgery required to give up smoking after 30 years.

We al go through a funk, I just went and looked at some of my old work and talked with some customers, helped me snap out of it.

Best of luck

3. douglee25

douglee25 LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

If you're burnt out, why not have your husband sell instead of doing the grunt work?

I think you were fortunate enough not to have to advertise over the years, but unfortunately, this is what happens when you don't... the business eventually stops. You need to constantly stay ahead of the game; continuing to be innovative, fresh, and driven to succeed.

Doug

4. greenery123

greenery123 LawnSite Member

ccccccccccccccccccccc

5. kodak mowing

kodak mowing LawnSite Member

im not to far from you,and have done a lot of property pres work on your side of the mountain,everyone gets burned out,even me,sometimes its the winter blues that make me hate this biz,but i love the spring,summer and fall in this business,i mean i get paid to do what i love win,win.hope you get all the answers you are looking for,and things work out,good luck.

6. ralph02813

ralph02813 LawnSite Bronze Member

How about establishing some sort of a profit sharing system with the current employees. New customers you get a percentage of????????

7. lbmyers

lbmyers LawnSite Member

I want to thank everyone for their input...I went to the Green n Growing educational classes yesterday in Greensboro and it gave me some encouragement/motivation. I spoke with quite a few others who shared my same sentiment, but of course there are not many other options out there right now. Bottom line is its worth taking a hard look and just adjusting for the current times. Good luck to all...

8. douglee25

douglee25 LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

Sounds like a good plan!

Doug