1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

thinking of pulling a bobby gedd

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by s and s mowing, Apr 14, 2005.

1. s and s mowing

s and s mowing LawnSite Member
    from ky

got this pita customer,and also service daughter nextdoor.good paying account but always something they want different,like trim higher,then lower.they always want yard mowed in 2.5 inches,way too damn low.well,last year i pushed mowed the front yard,takes about 35 min.but over winter i got a exmark metro and said hell with 21,and i mowed property last week with metro and it looked great and she never said a word,then she calls today and says she wants it mowed with 21,said she hated my new mower.i mow the back with my lazer and she said she liked it but hated metro cut,said it looked like crap.i almost lost it but just went on and mowed with metro,and it looked better tonite,i think yard looks great.should i bobby gedd her.she is about 75 years old,but im getting pissed at her crap.
  2. Kickin Your Grass

Kickin Your Grass LawnSite Senior Member

I feel your pain.
  3. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

pull a trump........................ YOUR FIRED!!!! :D

LA LAWNS LawnSite Member

like a hot potato. as soon as they start telling me how to do my job, I am out of there. No chip on my shoulder, I just know a pain in the ass when I see one. Just drop her professionally, replace with friendly customer with cold beer. yes, they are out there.
  5. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

people around here are the same, they hate the 36" want the 21'' cut, they like the lines it leaves???I had 4 people tell me that's why they got rid of the old LCO's, didn't like the machines they were using???/I'm lost!!!
  6. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

you can do one of two things: #1- train her by telling her," this is the way i'm going to do it, like it or not." or, replace her. there is so much work out there, i am right now going nuts quoting and signing up new customers. you can't live in her world, she, will have to live in yours.