thinking of upgrading from a Kubota BX to B

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by gcbailey, Jun 16, 2013.

1. gcbailey

gcbailey LawnSite Silver Member
    from WV

We've got a 2012 BX2360 that we are using for the company for light landscaping, brush hogging, and more mowing than I expected. While it's a great tractor it's coming up short in a few areas (lift capacity, etc...). I'm throwing around the idea of upgrading to the B series.

My biggest question is, the ground clearance of the B vs. the BX is about 5". The BX is extremely stable going across slopes, how stable is the B with the increased height, larger tires and such? I know filling the tires will help with lowering the COG, but still, off the lot how stable is it, or any tractor of the similar size.

2. Dually00-00

Dually00-00 LawnSite Member

I would think the B or L series would be very stable also especially with a load or implement . All small tractors need some sort of ballist rear weight,filled tires etc. I have a small TLB and when the backhoe is off its useless and unstable. Crossing any steep terrain with a tractor is sketchy at best.

3. m1lkman

m1lkman LawnSite Member

I agree with Dually...I too am looking to do the same upgrade and in reading some of the material on the new B2650 which is the smallest Kubota with a cab, the one thing brought up was how unstable it was without a rear ballast while using the loader. I tried to find the article I mentioned but could not find it. I believe I only Googled "kubota b2650.

Anyway, my 0.02 cents on it. I have a Kubota BX 2350 as an estate tractor for lawn cutting and winter snow removal business.

Cheers! :canadaflag:

4. gcbailey

from WV

I had forgot about this thread.... I did jump in and go with a B2920.... waiting for the dealer now for 2 weeks. I saw the B with the cab and around here there's noooooooo way that would last without flipping. I'm pretty excited.

5. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

The 2920 is a nice machine. I had 2 B models, the 7500 and the 3030 cab. I now have a big grand L cab model that i love, but its too big for some jobs. I have been thinking of buying another B model myself?

6. gcbailey

from WV

those grand L's are nice I looked them over the the dealer.

7. gcbailey

from WV

well today was the day... too bad it has been POURING all day and it hasn't made it more than 10' from the trailer!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. KV9064

KV9064 LawnSite Member

I've got a B2620 and its a great tractor, I have about 100 hrs on it runs good and cuts great with 60" deck

I really like your rear tires what size are those and are they GoodYear Terra Tires I thought they quit making them???

9. gcbailey

from WV

Yes, they are the Terra Tire... 31.5x15. I like them a lot.... Nice on grass and enough traction too. I wish that they made something like the Carlisle All Trail in that size.

IMG_0873 (Medium).jpg

IMG_0876 (Medium).jpg

10. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

Very nice!