Third Party

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by Emerald Coasting, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Emerald Coasting

Emerald Coasting LawnSite Member

Anyone ever worked with this company? http://olminc.com/
    Or companies like this? Whats ya'll guys take on companies like these in the industry?

2. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

Looks like a basic property management company. HO Associations will retain these.

We work through several of these. No big deal, just do your job.

3. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Ughh! Middlemen.:usflag:

4. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

Amazing thing is the HOA's feel they are getting value :dizzy:

5. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Just what every worksite needs. More bosses and people with ideas of how YOUR job should be done.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

After Today I might be done with Management Companies. First they beat up on me for a better price. Fine I could still make some money. But then when I billed them they wanted Pictures and proof that I did the Job by E mail. I e mailed them back and told them there was a additional $ 300 charge for Pictures and Proof since they didn't originally request picture etc.

7. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

Those companies are scumbags...we delt with one on some of our Restaurant contracts.

they are set up to save money for the customer as they get a portion of the savings.
    they make a myriad of paperwork such that any mistake will delay payment...then when you quote a price, they ask you if you can give them a better price....

ours asked us to call in from a restaurants phone when we arrived and record a special code that had to be on the invoice which we were to submit their format-

lost that contract last year as I refused to play by their rules...good luck, they have been through two companies since then-
    when I have an executed contract, I am under no obligation to sign something else that makes for more work--

8. How the hell would a pic prove you did the work anyways?? Is this L&O or GPC?
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

GHP = General Household Pesticide which includes Rodent control.

Typical of these management companies they only wanted to pay for Poison Maces and not Trapping or Exclusions. So I am guessing she wanted picture of the Poison Maces boxes I installed. The house was a foreclosure, so I am guessing dead rat smell might not be a problem.

10. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

their whole business model hinges on the fact that many contractors cannot fill out the paperwork to their specifications and or document things like they want...
    i believe they screw many a contractor out of money...and its all legal-the way they do it, cause they make you sign their forms

its good for companies on top of their game-I just hate companies like that-