Third Time's a Charm...

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by PurpHaze, Aug 7, 2007.

1. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Same elementary school site... main line leak under concrete last year and then the one we had this year in April. This leak's between the last two repairs.

YIPPEE... get to roll out the Bobcat and start tearing up concrete again!!! And they want it fixed before school starts up again on the 16th. :rolleyes:

It will all depend on how fast the bosses get their acts together. :)

In the first picture my truck's sitting down by the area we repaired in April. Second and third pictures are before/after (couple of hous apart) isolation valve turned off to confirm it's ours since domestic water and fire main run through the same concrete area.

Four Creeks Main Line Leak 8-7-07 IV-01.jpg

Four Creeks Main Line Leak 8-7-07 IV-02.jpg

Four Creeks Main Line Leak 8-7-07 IV-03.jpg

2. Holy smokes. Time to buy concrete stock.

3. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

This is getting to be like the serials I watched in the movie house as a kid:
    "Purple Haze and the big dig", part three. Stay tuned kiddies.:laugh:

4. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

I think I expressed my disappointment with the contractor for not sleeving that stretch in Part 1.

Allow me to express my disappointment again.

:)

5. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Me thinks you should dig the whole shebang up and do it right.

6. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Several hundred feet of 4" main under concrete?

No.

Spot repairs is the only thing a school district would budget.

7. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Yea, I know. They would rather spend 50 K over 10 years fixing all the breaks than 30 K up front to fix the damn thing once and be done with it.

8. PurpHaze

There's a saying in school district financing: "There's no money to buy new but there's plenty of money to repair the same thing over and over again." :dizzy:

9. PurpHaze

UPDATE: It's NOT a main line leak. Went back out this morning after turning the isolation valve back on yesterday afternoon and [no] surprise to me... no leak! I turned the nearby tree planters zone on and after 18 minutes (had tree wells flooding all over the place) the water started appearing again. So now we get to tear the whole thing up for a probable lateral line leak. :laugh: